Hey
When I tried to install hadoop in ubuntu 8.04 I got an error ssh connection
refused to localhost at port 22.
Please any one can tell me the solution.
Thanks

--
Vinayak Katkar
Sun Campus Ambassador

Search Discussions

  • Peeyush Bishnoi at Dec 29, 2008 at 5:43 pm
    Hello Vinayak ,

    Have you done the passwordless ssh connection before installation of
    hadoop.

    If not please do . Hope this tutorial will help you :
    http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Single-Node_Cluster)#Configuring_SSH

    After you configure the passwordless ssh , Do

    $ssh <hostname/fqdn>

    the above command should go without asking password.

    Hope this help you

    Thanks ,

    ---
    Peeyush

    When I tried to install hadoop in ubuntu 8.04 I got an error ssh connection
    refused to localhost at port 22.
    Please any one can tell me the solution.
    Thanks
  • Doug Cutting at Jan 5, 2009 at 6:08 pm
    Ubuntu does not include the ssh server in client installations, so you
    need to install it yourself.

    sudo apt-get install openssh-server

    Doug

    vinayak katkar wrote:
    Hey
    When I tried to install hadoop in ubuntu 8.04 I got an error ssh connection
    refused to localhost at port 22.
    Please any one can tell me the solution.
    Thanks
  • Vinayak katkar at Jan 5, 2009 at 6:56 pm
    hey thanks for reply
    I have installed it already.

    vinayak katkar wrote:
    Hey
    When I tried to install hadoop in ubuntu 8.04 I got an error ssh
    connection
    refused to localhost at port 22.
    Please any one can tell me the solution.
    Thanks

    --
    Vinayak Katkar
    Sun Campus Ambassador