When a task tracker kills a non-responsive task, it prints out a
message "Task XXXXX not reported status for 600 seconds. Killing!".
The stack trace it then dumps out is that of the task tracker itself.
Is there a way to get the hung task to dump out its stack trace before
exiting? Would be nice if there was an easy way to send a kill -3 to
the hung process and then kill it.

Sriram

Search Discussions

  • Ryan LeCompte at Dec 5, 2008 at 7:47 pm
    For what it's worth, I started seeing these when I upgraded to 0.19. I
    was using 10 reduces, but changed it to 30 reduces for my job and now
    I don't see these errors any more.

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    When a task tracker kills a non-responsive task, it prints out a
    message "Task XXXXX not reported status for 600 seconds. Killing!".
    The stack trace it then dumps out is that of the task tracker itself.
    Is there a way to get the hung task to dump out its stack trace before
    exiting? Would be nice if there was an easy way to send a kill -3 to
    the hung process and then kill it.

    Sriram
  • Jason Venner at Dec 30, 2008 at 7:16 pm
    We provided a patch for 16 that could be retrofitted into 19

    Our internal use of this has shown that jstack can hang in some
    situations, and that just sending the sigquit is safer.

    Ryan LeCompte wrote:
    For what it's worth, I started seeing these when I upgraded to 0.19. I
    was using 10 reduces, but changed it to 30 reduces for my job and now
    I don't see these errors any more.

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    When a task tracker kills a non-responsive task, it prints out a
    message "Task XXXXX not reported status for 600 seconds. Killing!".
    The stack trace it then dumps out is that of the task tracker itself.
    Is there a way to get the hung task to dump out its stack trace before
    exiting? Would be nice if there was an easy way to send a kill -3 to
    the hung process and then kill it.

    Sriram

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop