Do we have any Java class for Login purpose to HDFS programmatically like traditional UserName/Password mechanism ? or we can have only system user or user who started NameNode ?

Thanks,

Wasim

Search Discussions

  • Alex Loddengaard at Nov 4, 2008 at 9:04 pm
    Look at the "hadoop.job.ugi" configuration option. You can manually set a
    user and the groups that user is a part of.
    Alex
    Do we have any Java class for Login purpose to HDFS programmatically
    like traditional UserName/Password mechanism ? or we can have only system
    user or user who started NameNode ?

    Thanks,

    Wasim
  • Aaron Kimball at Nov 6, 2008 at 7:43 pm
    It's not a complete security system, though. There's no authentication -- it
    trusts the username you enter. I think Kerberos auth is coming, but not
    ready yet
    - Aaron
    Look at the "hadoop.job.ugi" configuration option. You can manually set a
    user and the groups that user is a part of.
    Alex
    Do we have any Java class for Login purpose to HDFS programmatically
    like traditional UserName/Password mechanism ? or we can have only system
    user or user who started NameNode ?

    Thanks,

    Wasim

groupcommon-user @