Hi all,

I am sure someone must have tried mysql connection using hadoop. But I am
getting problem.
Basically I am not getting how to inlcude classpath of jar of jdbc connector
in the run command of hadoop or is there any other way so that we can
incorporate jdbc connector jar into the main jar which we run using
$hadoop-home/bin/hadoop?

plz help me .

Thanks in advance,

Search Discussions

  • Sandeep Dey at Oct 20, 2008 at 5:02 pm
    Hi Deepak,

    I can suggest a crude solution :) that might work . you can extract the
    jdbc connecter jar and copy the classes from there to ur class/build directory.
    this way the jdbc driver classes are included in the final jar.

    Hope that helps,
    sandeep

    I am sure someone must have tried mysql connection using hadoop. But I am
    getting problem.
    Basically I am not getting how to inlcude classpath of jar of jdbc connector
    in the run command of hadoop or is there any other way so that we can
    incorporate jdbc connector jar into the main jar which we run using
    $hadoop-home/bin/hadoop?

    plz help me .

    Thanks in advance,
  • Gerardo Velez at Oct 20, 2008 at 5:36 pm
    Hi!

    Actually I got same problem and temporally I've solved it including jdbc
    dependecies inside main jar.

    Actually another solution I've found is you can place all jar dependencias
    inside hadoop/lib directory.

    Hope it helps.

    -- Gerardo

    I am sure someone must have tried mysql connection using hadoop. But I am
    getting problem.
    Basically I am not getting how to inlcude classpath of jar of jdbc
    connector
    in the run command of hadoop or is there any other way so that we can
    incorporate jdbc connector jar into the main jar which we run using
    $hadoop-home/bin/hadoop?

    plz help me .

    Thanks in advance,
  • Deepak Diwakar at Oct 21, 2008 at 10:25 am
    Thanks for the solution u guys provided.

    actually i got one solution ..
    If we add the path of any external jar into classpath of hadoop which in
    $hadoop_home/hadoop-$version/conf/hadoop-env.sh , It will do.

    thanks for solution

    --
    - Deepak Diwakar,
    Associate Software Eng.,
    I am sure someone must have tried mysql connection using hadoop. But I am
    getting problem.
    Basically I am not getting how to inlcude classpath of jar of jdbc connector
    in the run command of hadoop or is there any other way so that we can
    incorporate jdbc connector jar into the main jar which we run using
    $hadoop-home/bin/hadoop?

    plz help me .

    Thanks in advance,
    Just inquisitive: What application on Hadoop are you working on which
    uses MySQL?

    Thanks,
    Amit

groupcommon-user @