i am a beginner,i want to save a lot of Mp3 files into Hadoop and
using Tomcat to service this files.
1.i want to using org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile, key is mp3 name's
MD5,value is Mp3 stream data. mp3 's filesize is nearly 3M. i split
20G per one MapFile.There are 30~50 MapFile.
2. i put these MapFile into x linux server.
3. my user send Mp3' name request to Tomcat ,Tomcat using Mp3 name 's
MD5 to find Mp3 file in one linux server .

question:
1> is it right way to use hadoop?

2> if 20 user access one linux server in one time,maybe 20 Mp3 files
load in memory,20* 3M memory is being eat? is it right? how to solve
this problem ?

Search Discussions

  • Yi-Kai Tsai at Oct 10, 2008 at 9:56 am
    hi

    Hadoop implement MapReduce by using HDFS,
    yes, you could store things on HDFS
    but I don't think you get any benefit on this use-case if you are not
    planing to "process" those data on top of hadoop/mapreduce.

    --
    Yi-Kai Tsai (cuma) <yikai@yahoo-inc.com>

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop