I have configured HDFS on windows and running it using Cygwin.

I am interested to access programmatically the files and folders in HDFS. ( mean I can read/write files in HDFS using Java code).
I used this example http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopDfsReadWriteExample . Code is running fine. its loads Config file.

But this doesn't write to HDFS rather it writes to C Drive. I provided hdfs://user/A/B (hdfs is my FS Name) as argument but still its writing in C drive and when I provide same argument for reading a file , its says File not found.

if some one can guide me.............. its looks like some Path issue

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Chris Douglas at Sep 7, 2008 at 1:38 am
    Paths are URIs. Without the authority explicitly specified in the path
    or without an overriding definition in hadoop-site.xml,
    fs.default.name will be "file:///" from hadoop-default.xml (which
    should be why you're writing to local disk instead of HDFS). If you're
    running on a single node, fs.default.name should probably be hdfs://
    localhost:8020 -C
    I have configured HDFS on windows and running it using Cygwin.

    I am interested to access programmatically the files and folders in
    HDFS. ( mean I can read/write files in HDFS using Java code).
    I used this example http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopDfsReadWriteExample
    . Code is running fine. its loads Config file.

    But this doesn't write to HDFS rather it writes to C Drive. I
    provided hdfs://user/A/B (hdfs is my FS Name) as argument but still
    its writing in C drive and when I provide same argument for reading
    a file , its says File not found.

    if some one can guide me.............. its looks like some Path issue

    Thanks

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedSep 7, '08 at 12:54a
activeSep 7, '08 at 1:38a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Wasim Bari: 1 post Chris Douglas: 1 post