While submitting a job to Hadoop, how can I set system properties that are
required by my code ?
Passing -Dmy.prop=myvalue to the hadoop job command is not going to work as
hadoop command will pass this to my program as command line argument.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thanks,
Taran

*

*

Search Discussions

  • Mlimotte at Apr 27, 2009 at 8:37 pm
    I think what you want is the section "Task Execution & Environment" in
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html . Here is a
    sample from that document:

    <property>
    <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
    <value>
    -Xmx512M -Djava.library.path=/home/mycompany/lib -verbose:gc
    -Xloggc:/tmp/@taskid@.gc
    </value>
    </property>

    -Marc