I would love to use lzo codec. However for some reasons I always only
get ...
"INFO org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader: Loaded the native-
hadoop library
INFO org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.zlib.ZlibFactory: Successfully
loaded & initialized native-zlib library"

My hadoop-site looks like:

<
value

org
.apache
.hadoop
.io
.compress
.LzoCodec
,org
.apache
.hadoop
.io.compress.DefaultCodec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec</
value> <description>A list of the compression codec classes that can
be used for compression/decompression.</description> </property>
I also think I have lzo installed on all my nodes:
yum list | grep lzo
lzo.x86_64 2.02-3.fc8 installed
lzo.i386 2.02-3.fc8 installed
lzo-devel.i386 2.02-3.fc8 fedora
lzo-devel.x86_64 2.02-3.fc8 fedora
lzop.x86_64 1.02-0.5.rc1.fc8 fedora
Anything I miss you could think of?
Thanks for any hints!

Stefan

Search Discussions

  • Chris Douglas at Jul 30, 2008 at 12:00 am
    Stefan-

    Where and how are you trying to use lzo? As input/output? For
    intermediate compression? In SequenceFiles? -C
[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 29, '08 at 11:33p
activeJul 30, '08 at 12:00a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Stefan Groschupf: 1 post Chris Douglas: 1 post