I'm a newbie in streaming in hadoop. I want to know how to execute a single c++ executable?
Should it be a mapper only job? the executable is to cluster a set of points present in
a file.
so, it cannot be really said to be a mapper or reducer.Also, there is no code
present,except for the executable.

please tell me how to execute this on hadoop. is there any other way (apart from
streaming) to do this?

Thank you

Charan T.

believed to be clean.

Search Discussions

  • Taeho Kang at Jul 14, 2008 at 5:57 am
    1. You will have to modify your c++ binary (or any other binary) in a way
    that
    it takes input from stdin
    and outputs to stdout.

    2. If you run your job as a mapper only job, you'll have as many result
    files as the number of mappers created.
    I'm a newbie in streaming in hadoop. I want to know how to execute a
    single c++ executable?
    Should it be a mapper only job? the executable is to cluster a set of
    points present in
    a file.
    so, it cannot be really said to be a mapper or reducer.Also, there is no
    code
    present,except for the executable.

    please tell me how to execute this on hadoop. is there any other way
    (apart from
    streaming) to do this?

    Thank you

    Charan T.

    believed to be clean.
  • Charan Thota at Jul 15, 2008 at 5:48 pm
    yeah it worked thanks for the help :)

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:56:34 +0900, Taeho Kang wrote

    --
    Students Mail Server @ IIIT Hyderabad.

    believed to be clean.

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 10, '08 at 7:20p
activeJul 15, '08 at 5:48p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Charan Thota: 2 posts Taeho Kang: 1 post