Hello,

I was wondering - could someone tell me what are the reasons that I could
get failure with certain map tasks on a node? Any idea that comes to mind
would work (it does not happen because my program aborts).
Also, what could cause with hadoop for a map task to take longer (although
data is the same for all maps) to finish than the other tasks?

Thanks

Jerr

  • Amar Kamat at Jul 3, 2008 at 8:37 am

    jerrro wrote:
    Hello,

    I was wondering - could someone tell me what are the reasons that I could
    get failure with certain map tasks on a node?
    Well, that depends on the kind of errors you are seeing. Could you plz
    post the logs/error messages?
    Amar
    Any idea that comes to mind
    would work (it does not happen because my program aborts).
    Also, what could cause with hadoop for a map task to take longer (although
    data is the same for all maps) to finish than the other tasks?
    What Hadoop version are you using? What is the average runtime of the
    maps? How much difference are you seeing? Are all the nodes same in
    terms of config?
    Thanks

    Jerr
  • Jerrro at Jul 3, 2008 at 2:56 pm
    I am actually more interested in _theoretically_ what could happen to a map
    tasks to fail or to take longer...
    Don't have a specific case. Thanks, Jerr