Greetings,

We had a hard crash due to hardware failure in our Hadoop namenode host,
and now the namenode won't start because it thinks its storage is still
locked. Also, I'm apparently too stupid to find any documentation on
crash recovery. Could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
-
-Ben

--
Ben Slusky <bslusky@janestcapital.com>

Search Discussions

  • Ben Slusky at Jun 11, 2008 at 2:51 pm
    Never mind. The storage in question was on an NFS share, and the locking
    problem seems to have resolved itself overnight. Fracking NFS.

    Thanks anyway,
    -
    -Ben

    Ben Slusky wrote:
    Greetings,

    We had a hard crash due to hardware failure in our Hadoop namenode host,
    and now the namenode won't start because it thinks its storage is still
    locked. Also, I'm apparently too stupid to find any documentation on
    crash recovery. Could someone please enlighten me?

    Thanks
    -
    -Ben
    --