Hi
In my setup I have a cluster in witch each server has two network
interfaces on for hadoop network traffic (lets call it A) and one for
traffic to the rest of the network (lets call it B).
Until now I only needed to make the nodes communicate with the master
and vice-versa (through the A interface) so no problem there, but now
I'm in need of submitting jobs and accessing the filesystem itself from
outside machines (through the B interface) so my question id can I make
namenode listen on both interfaces?

Regards
David Alves

Search Discussions

  • Raghu Angadi at Apr 18, 2008 at 9:16 pm
    You can try setting fs.default.name to "0.0.0.0:8020" on the NameNode
    and it might listen on all the interface (there should really be a
    better way to specify bind address).

    But that mostly wont solve all the problems for accessing from a
    different network. The problem is that client use the same ip address
    for the datanode that NameNode sees for that datanode.

    Raghu.

    David Alves wrote:
    Hi
    In my setup I have a cluster in witch each server has two network
    interfaces on for hadoop network traffic (lets call it A) and one for
    traffic to the rest of the network (lets call it B).
    Until now I only needed to make the nodes communicate with the master
    and vice-versa (through the A interface) so no problem there, but now
    I'm in need of submitting jobs and accessing the filesystem itself from
    outside machines (through the B interface) so my question id can I make
    namenode listen on both interfaces?

    Regards
    David Alves

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 18, '08 at 3:13p
activeApr 18, '08 at 9:16p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Raghu Angadi: 1 post David Alves: 1 post