I was wondering
1) what happens if a data node is alive but its harddrive fails? Does it
throw an exception and dies?
2) If It continues to run and continue to do blockreporting, is there a
console showing datanodes with healthy hard drives and unhealthy hard
drives? I know the web server of the name node shows runing and not running
data nodes, but I am not sure if it differentiates between datanodes with
healthy and unhealthy hard drives.

Thanks for your help
Cagdas

Search Discussions

  • Ted Dunning at Mar 27, 2008 at 12:30 am
    It depends on the failure.

    For some failure modes, the disk just becomes very slow.