My goodness, HOD has been quite a hard climb to get going. Not being
particularly skilled in python makes this step a little more difficult.

Our current problem is that the ${VAR_NAME} in the hodrc seem to have
trouble.
These are set in the environment

/data/hadoop-0.16.0-dfs/contrib/hod/bin/hod -t ~/hadoop-hod.tar.gz -o
"allocate /tmp/ 10"
error: bin/hod failed to start.
error: invalid 'java-home' specified in section hod: ${JAVA_HOME
error: invalid 'batch-home' specified in section resource_manager: ${RM_HOME
error: 2 problems found.

Note the missing '}' on the variable names.
The hodrc is the stock hodrc with some changes in the mapred section,
not in the hod section

If we pass in the java_home and the rm_home and the queue name we end up
with this

/data/hadoop-0.16.0-dfs/contrib/hod/bin/hod -Q batch
--resource_manager.batch-home=/usr -j $JAVA_HOME -t ~/hadoop-hod.tar.gz
-o "allocate /tmp/ 10"
INFO - Service Registry Started.
CRITICAL - qsub Failure : /bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while
looking for matching `}'
CRITICAL - qsub Command : /usr/bin/qsub -l nodes=10 -W x= -l nodes=10 -W
x= -N "HOD" -r n -d /tmp/ -q ${RM_QUEUE
CRITICAL - Scheduler failure, allocation failed.

CRITICAL - Cannot allocate cluster /tmp

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>

Search Discussions

  • Mahadev Konar at Feb 26, 2008 at 4:07 am
    Could you try with --resource_manager.queue=batch?

    Regards
    mahadev
[...]

  • Jason Venner at Feb 26, 2008 at 4:26 am
    At the present time I just manually substituted the values in the hodrc,
    and that works

    Mahadev Konar wrote:
[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 26, '08 at 3:41a
activeFeb 26, '08 at 4:26a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Jason Venner: 2 posts Mahadev Konar: 1 post