I have a 4 node cluster setup up & running. Every time I have to copy
data to HDFS, I copy it to name node and using "hadoop dfs copyfromlocal
..." I copy it to HDFS. Is there a way to copy it from remote machine. I
am a newbie to linux as well as hadoop :-(

www.wipro.com

Search Discussions

  • Ted Dunning at Jan 14, 2008 at 4:02 pm
    Just run that same command on a different machine.

    On 1/14/08 4:33 AM, "devendra.aayalasomayajula@wipro.com"
    I have a 4 node cluster setup up & running. Every time I have to copy
    data to HDFS, I copy it to name node and using "hadoop dfs copyfromlocal
    ..." I copy it to HDFS. Is there a way to copy it from remote machine. I
    am a newbie to linux as well as hadoop :-(
  • dhruba Borthakur at Jan 14, 2008 at 6:01 pm
    You can upload files into HDFS from any machine. Just install the jar
    file into your client machine and run the same command "dfs
    copyfromlocal .." from that client machine.

    Thanks,
    dhruba

    I have a 4 node cluster setup up & running. Every time I have to copy
    data to HDFS, I copy it to name node and using "hadoop dfs copyfromlocal
    ..." I copy it to HDFS. Is there a way to copy it from remote machine. I
    am a newbie to linux as well as hadoop :-(

    and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
    distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

    transmitted by this email.

    www.wipro.com

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop