Hi, all,

I am new to Hadoop and figuring out what is the functionality of hadoop-*-
tes.jar. When seeing the src code tree, I saw directories like dfs, io, ipc
and etc. Does it test for all functionalities listed there? And how to use
it for test?

Is there any document that can answer my question? I cann't find one on
Apache website. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Ligang

Search Discussions

  • Amar Kamat at Dec 28, 2007 at 5:12 am

    Ligang Wang wrote:
    Hi, all,

    I am new to Hadoop and figuring out what is the functionality of hadoop-*-
    tes.jar. When seeing the src code tree, I saw directories like dfs, io, ipc
    and etc. Does it test for all functionalities listed there? And how to use
    it for test?
    Its used in cases where you needs to do more than just the sanity checks
    (ant test). Along with non-sanity checks,validators, benchmarks also go
    here.
    Is there any document that can answer my question? I cann't find one on
    Apache website. Thanks a lot in advance.
    One can see the list of tests/checks/benchmarks that are available using
    'ant jar hadoop-*-test.jar '
    So to test IPC one can type
    'hadoop jar hadoop-*-test.jar testipc'
    One of the most widely used ones is the 'sort-validation'
    'hadoop jar hadoop-*-test.jar testmapredsort -sortInput <sort-input>
    -sortOutput <sorted-output>'
    This is one of the features widely used by mapreduce developers for
    testing the patches.
    Best regards,
    Ligang

groupcommon-user @