I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
* Hbase shell.
* REST interface.

Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
where to find any code or docs.

Search Discussions

  • Peter Boot at Dec 19, 2007 at 11:19 pm
    http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseShell/PHP
    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Pat Ferrel at Dec 19, 2007 at 11:49 pm
    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Peter Boot at Dec 20, 2007 at 12:01 am
    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Billy at Dec 20, 2007 at 12:45 am
    if you apply the patch and build the latest trunk the
    fileHShellConnect.class.phpis here
    src/contrib/hbase/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/shell/client/HShellConnect.class.phpIf
    you want to look at the code I have done for hbase and php with the rest
    interface let me know they work just not many formatting options right
    now.Billy
    "Peter Boot" <peter.boot@gmail.com> wrote in
    message news:611cae850712191601p7ae78172ld65bcd397f799ba5@mail.gmail.com...

    On Dec 19, 2007 3:48 PM, Pat Ferrel
    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    On 12/19/07 3:18 PM, "Peter Boot"
    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at
    least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach
    and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Edward yoon at Dec 20, 2007 at 3:21 am
    HADOOOP-2171 is waiting.
    It is a low-level sample code.

    If your needs can be satisfied or/ want to get started with my solutions,
    Please drop the comment.

    Then, I'll contribute my source code.

    Thanks,
    Edward.
    ------------------------------

    B. Regards,

    Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
    Home : http://www.udanax.org

    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Peter Boot at Dec 20, 2007 at 3:25 am
    Edward

    Please explain what you mean by
    Please drop the comment.
    thanks

    Peter
    If your needs can be satisfied or/ want to get started with my solutions,
    Please drop the comment.

    Then, I'll contribute my source code.

    Thanks,
    Edward.
    ------------------------------

    B. Regards,

    Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
    Home : http://www.udanax.org

    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
  • Edward yoon at Dec 20, 2007 at 3:34 am
    Demand determines supply.
    In other words, i need a supporter for contribute the code to hbase shell.

    ------------------------------

    B. Regards,

    Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
    Home : http://www.udanax.org

    Thanks. I have read this doc and it seems to fit the bill but maybe I
    missed where to find the code. Did I miss it in the trunk?

    I¹m interested in driving hbase from PHP or Ruby. I have seen at least two
    approaches mentioned and wonder if there are others out there.
    * Hbase shell.
    * REST interface.

    Can anyone let me know if you are using these or some other approach and
    where to find any code or docs.
    i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference.
    http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect
  • Peter Boot at Dec 20, 2007 at 3:39 am
    a supporter to help with some of the programming ? Or support to say
    it is sorely needed ? Which it obviously is