Thanks
Billy

Search Discussions

  • Edward yoon at Dec 3, 2007 at 5:29 am
    Sorry, it seems to be a shell code's problem.
    I'll fix it.

    ------------------------------

    B. Regards,

    Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
    Home : http://www.udanax.org

    To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
    From: sales@pearsonwholesale.com
    Subject: hbase meta question
    Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:17:07 -0600

    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Stack at Dec 3, 2007 at 6:50 pm
    Billy:

    I just committed Edward Yoon's fix for the below. Also, regards your
    comments in HADOOP-2068, try recent TRUNK. HADOOP-2315 should fix the
    issue you reported with slashes in rows.

    (Stay tuned to this channel for more on answers/fixes to your queries
    posted to HADOOP-2068...)

    Yours,
    St.Ack

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Billy at Dec 5, 2007 at 3:01 am
    I will download the latest trunk and give it a try.

    I been working on getting a php class written around the REST interface so I
    can still use hadoop-streaming
    to work with my project.

    Here what I am doing and needed to know the meta info for.

    I pull the regions from rest interface for the table I am working with
    start one rest scanner for each region
    load a map reduce job using hadoop-streaming to process the data from the
    scanners

    The problem is making sure each map task knows what scanner to use based on
    what its local regions are. So there is no data needed to be passed over the
    network. Got any suggestions on pulling what the local regions are for a
    region server using rest or non java method? If there was a way the rest
    could interact with the meta and root tables to get region info that would
    be nice.

    Billy

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Stack at Dec 5, 2007 at 4:39 am

    Billy wrote:
    I will download the latest trunk and give it a try.

    I been working on getting a php class written around the REST interface so I
    can still use hadoop-streaming
    to work with my project.
    Good stuff.
    Here what I am doing and needed to know the meta info for.

    I pull the regions from rest interface for the table I am working with
    start one rest scanner for each region
    load a map reduce job using hadoop-streaming to process the data from the
    scanners

    The problem is making sure each map task knows what scanner to use based on
    what its local regions are. So there is no data needed to be passed over the
    network. Got any suggestions on pulling what the local regions are for a
    region server using rest or non java method? If there was a way the rest
    could interact with the meta and root tables to get region info that would
    be nice.
    No support for this yet Billy (HADOOP-2138). Once implemented, I
    imagine that it would somehow all be just hidden from you and
    hosting regionserver would be doing its best to scan data off adjacent
    datanode -- if one were running on same machine.

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Billy at Dec 17, 2007 at 9:41 am
    Any chance someone can look over the rest Code to see if how its still
    effected I tried to add rows via rest interface with /'s in them and they
    error out as they did before is there something hard coded in the rest that
    should be changed?

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Bryan Duxbury at Dec 17, 2007 at 4:56 pm
    Can you send me some of the keys you are using? I've been able to
    test putting slashes in the key with no problems. Are you certain
    that whatever you're using to URL encode the keys is correct?

    -Bryan

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what
    region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

  • Billy at Dec 17, 2007 at 9:15 pm
    Thanks I forgot about the encode url part it works fine now the keys are
    stored in url format there not converted back. thanks for the follow-up

    Billy

    "Bryan Duxbury" <bryan@rapleaf.com> wrote in
    message news:70C73E60-52C1-4733-AF80-BF6593E07836@rapleaf.com...

    Billy wrote:
    Is there a way to query the meta to tell what server has what region?

    I tried select from .META. and -ROOT- but no luck from shell.

    Thanks
    Billy

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop