I want to have the default fs defined dynamically by the job that
runs - hence not necessarily from the xml config file.
It looks like this might be possible if I set the Path input/output
correctly no ? Are there any examples of this? How do I control the
temp space? Suggestions?

sorry if this isn't clear.

derek

Search Discussions

  • Arun C Murthy at Nov 12, 2007 at 6:49 pm

    I want to have the default fs defined dynamically by the job that
    runs - hence not necessarily from the xml config file.
    It looks like this might be possible if I set the Path input/output
    correctly no ? Are there any examples of this? How do I control the
    temp space? Suggestions?
    Yes, that should work.

    Assuming your default fs is hdfs://<host1>:<port1>/ you should be able to set you input/output paths to hdfs://<host2>:<port2>/{in|out}.

    If it does not, please file a bug. Thanks!

    Arun
    sorry if this isn't clear.

    derek

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 12, '07 at 5:56p
activeNov 12, '07 at 6:49p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Derek Gottfrid: 1 post Arun C Murthy: 1 post