When I do the following

Bin/hadoop dfs -put /some/dir dir

Where /some/dir contains files that has blanks in the filename (ie,
/some/dir/hi there.txt) hadoop tries to put %20 in for the spaces, and I
get an error saying the file does not exist. But if I go into the dir
directory and insert the 'hi there.txt' file by hand it works. I
understand that %20 represents a blank, but for some reason some part of
hadoop isn't figuring that out.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks!

Billy Earney

Search Discussions

  • Earney, Billy C. at Sep 6, 2007 at 4:50 pm
    I upgraded to 0.14.1 and my problem went away.. I'm not sure if it was
    something I did (which is likely) or the newest version fixed my issue..
    :)

    Great product!

    Where /some/dir contains files that has blanks in the filename (ie,
    /some/dir/hi there.txt) hadoop tries to put %20 in for the spaces, and I
    get an error saying the file does not exist. But if I go into the dir
    directory and insert the 'hi there.txt' file by hand it works. I
    understand that %20 represents a blank, but for some reason some part of
    hadoop isn't figuring that out.

    Does anyone else have the same problem?

    Thanks!

    Billy Earney