Von: Otto, Frank
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. August 2007 13:40
An: 'hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org'
Betreff: permission problems in hadoop MapFile (0.12)

hi,

I'm running nutch at a webapp on a webserver, which is
hostetd by a provider. If I want to crawl, I will get
following exception:

java.io.IOException: Mkdirs failed to create directory
/root/linkdb-657635469/part-00000
at
org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Writer.<init>(MapFile.java:121)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Writer.<init>(MapFile.java:84)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapFileOutputFormat.getRecordWriter(M
apFileOutputFormat.java:44)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:292)
at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner
.java:155)

I have no write acces to /root/. How can I change this
folder? I have set in hadoop-site.xml the hadoop.tmp.dir.

kind regards

Frank

Search Discussions

  • Albert Chern at Aug 24, 2007 at 4:30 pm
    It looks like you're trying to write the output of a job to /root. I'm not
    familiar with Nutch, but I just looked at the source and I think you might
    be launching the crawl from /root, and Nutch is trying to create a temporary
    linkdb there. Try launching the crawl from a directory you have permissions
    to.
    Why does hadoop write in /root/? I do think with the folders in hadoop
    configuration files, I can set all needed folders.

    kind regards

    Frank
[...]

  • Otto, Frank at Aug 27, 2007 at 6:54 am
    I'm running the crawl main method in my webapp, so I can't change the running folder.

    Has someone an idea?

[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedAug 24, '07 at 12:16p
activeAug 27, '07 at 6:54a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Otto, Frank: 2 posts Albert Chern: 1 post