Thanks
Avinash

Search Discussions

  • Devaraj Das at Jun 13, 2007 at 6:08 am
    This most likely means that your upgrade of the jar files, etc. was not
    clean (note that I am talking about the jar files on disk and not the dfs
    upgrade). Somewhere there is a hadoop*.jar that is not the 0.13 one.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Phantom
    Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:32 AM
    To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
    Subject: Upgrade to hadoop-0.13 failing

    Exception in thread "main"
    org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$VersionMismatch:Protocol
    org.apache.hadoop.dfs.ClientProtocol version mismatch. (client = 11, server
    = 9)
    dev030.sctm.com: at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:254)
    dev030.sctm.com: at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.SecondaryNameNode.<init>(
    SecondaryNameNode.java:93)
    dev030.sctm.com: at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.SecondaryNameNode.main(
    SecondaryNameNode.java:468)

    How do I fix the above ? I just ran ./start-dfs.sh -upgrade.

    Thanks
    Avinash

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop