Hi

I am trying to run the Word Count sample against a file that is 1.5GB. I
have setup Hadoop to run on a cluster of 3 nodes. However I have a reason to
beleive that the map tasks are not being distributed to the slaves. How do I
check if this is the case and if it is how do I cause the Map tasks to be
distributed ? Please advice.

Thanks
Avinash

Search Discussions

  • Owen O'Malley at May 24, 2007 at 4:44 am

    I am trying to run the Word Count sample against a file that is
    1.5GB. I
    have setup Hadoop to run on a cluster of 3 nodes. However I have a
    reason to
    beleive that the map tasks are not being distributed to the slaves.
    How do I
    check if this is the case and if it is how do I cause the Map tasks
    to be
    distributed ? Please advice.
    If you point a browser at your job tracker, you'll see the status of
    the jobs. The info port defaults to 50030, so it would look like:
    http://localhost:50030/
    on the node with the JobTracker. If you expand out the list of tasks
    for a job, it will tell you where they are running.

    -- Owen

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 24, '07 at 12:46a