It looks like name node failover is not yet implemented after seeing some
emails over this alias.
I tested name node failover scenario and it does not work
When is it expected to get implemented?

Thanks
Servesh

Search Discussions

  • Gautam Kowshik at Jan 10, 2007 at 9:53 am
    There are plans to implement periodic check pointing of namenode data so
    as to be revived quickly after a failure. As of now a namenode revival
    is manual and begins from the start.
    You can follow this [1] bug for developments on check pointing.

    -Gautam.
    [1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-227

    Sarvesh Singh wrote:
    Hi,

    It looks like name node failover is not yet implemented after seeing some
    emails over this alias.
    I tested name node failover scenario and it does not work
    When is it expected to get implemented?

    Thanks
    Servesh
  • Sarvesh Singh at Jan 10, 2007 at 1:24 pm
    Thanks! when is it expected?
    There are plans to implement periodic check pointing of namenode data so
    as to be revived quickly after a failure. As of now a namenode revival
    is manual and begins from the start.
    You can follow this [1] bug for developments on check pointing.

    -Gautam.
    [1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-227

    Sarvesh Singh wrote:
    Hi,

    It looks like name node failover is not yet implemented after seeing some
    emails over this alias.
    I tested name node failover scenario and it does not work
    When is it expected to get implemented?

    Thanks
    Servesh
  • Dhruba Borthakur at Jan 10, 2007 at 4:42 pm
    Periodic checkpointing is expected to be ready by the end of this month.

    Thanks,
    dhruba

    There are plans to implement periodic check pointing of namenode data so
    as to be revived quickly after a failure. As of now a namenode revival
    is manual and begins from the start.
    You can follow this [1] bug for developments on check pointing.

    -Gautam.
    [1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-227

    Sarvesh Singh wrote:
    Hi,

    It looks like name node failover is not yet implemented after seeing some
    emails over this alias.
    I tested name node failover scenario and it does not work
    When is it expected to get implemented?

    Thanks
    Servesh

groupcommon-user @