I am running a 6 node, nutch 0.8. One of the node
goes down frequently (hardware problems). If the node
goes down the task tracker substitutes it and all is
well in the cluster.

When I try to bring the node online, the
currently executing job fails.

question: How do I safely bring node back online?

Thanks
--
Jay

http://mail.yahoo.com

Search Discussions

  • Gian Lorenzo Thione at Aug 28, 2006 at 5:59 am
    Jay,

    Have you tried simply running the tasktracker (plus the datanode if you
    usually do run a datanode there)?

    Something like

    $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop tasktracker
    $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop datanode

    --Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Thione
    Founder and Product Architect
    Powerset, Inc.
    M: (415)812-4667
    F: (757)257-9379
    thione@powerset.com
    Skype: lorenzo.thione
    AIM: gthione

    I am running a 6 node, nutch 0.8. One of the node
    goes down frequently (hardware problems). If the node
    goes down the task tracker substitutes it and all is
    well in the cluster.

    When I try to bring the node online, the
    currently executing job fails.

    question: How do I safely bring node back online?

    Thanks
    --
    Jay

    http://mail.yahoo.com
  • Anton at Aug 28, 2006 at 7:55 am
    Why I got error when try see report from jobtracker?
    I got errors:
    ....<skip>....
    Error 500 Unable to compile class for JSP An error occurred at line: 11 in
    the jsp file: /jobtracker.jsp Generated servle
    HTTP ERROR: 500

    Unable to compile class for JSP

    An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /jobtracker.jsp
    Generated servlet error:
    /tmp/Jetty__50030__/org/apache/jsp/jobtracker_jsp.java:37:
    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress is not public in org.ap
    JobInProgress job = (JobInProgress) it.next();
    ^

    An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /jobtracker.jsp
    Generated servlet error:
    /tmp/Jetty__50030__/org/apache/jsp/jobtracker_jsp.java:37:
    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress is not public in org.ap
    JobInProgress job = (JobInProgress) it.next();
    ^

    An error occurred at line: 11 in the jsp file: /jobtracker.jsp
    Generated servlet error:
    /tmp/Jetty__50030__/org/apache/jsp/jobtracker_jsp.java:38:
    org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobProfile is not public in org.apach
    JobProfile profile = job.getProfile();
    ^
    3 errors

    RequestURI=/jobtracker.jsp