Hello All,

I've browsed the common-dev list (the last six months of it anyway) and
haven't seen this request. So here it goes: Does anyone have an
SRPM/SPEC file for building the Hadoop 1.1.1 binaries? I found an old
0.20.0 SPEC on the internet, and before I attempt to create one I
thought I'd ask here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Michael Johnson
mike@michaelpjohnson.com

Search Discussions

  • Steve Loughran at Dec 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm
    The RPMs are being built with bigtop;

    grab it from here
    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/master/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hadoop

    I'm not sure which branch to use for hadoop-1.1.1; let me check that
    I've browsed the common-dev list (the last six months of it anyway) and
    haven't seen this request. So here it goes: Does anyone have an SRPM/SPEC
    file for building the Hadoop 1.1.1 binaries? I found an old 0.20.0 SPEC on
    the internet, and before I attempt to create one I thought I'd ask here.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,
    Michael Johnson
    mike@michaelpjohnson.com
  • Harsh J at Dec 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm
    The right branch is branch-0.3 for Bigtop. You can get more
    information upstream at Apache Bigtop itself
    (http://bigtop.apache.org).

    Branch 0.3 of the same URL Steve posted:
    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.3/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hadoop

    --
    Harsh J
  • Michael Johnson at Dec 4, 2012 at 6:53 pm

    The right branch is branch-0.3 for Bigtop. You can get more
    information upstream at Apache Bigtop itself
    (http://bigtop.apache.org).

    Branch 0.3 of the same URL Steve posted:
    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.3/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hadoop
    Thank you both very much. That helps tremendously.
  • Steve Loughran at Dec 4, 2012 at 7:25 pm

    The right branch is branch-0.3 for Bigtop. You can get more
    information upstream at Apache Bigtop itself
    (http://bigtop.apache.org).

    Branch 0.3 of the same URL Steve posted:
    https://github.com/apache/**bigtop/tree/branch-0.3/bigtop-**
    packages/src/rpm/hadoop<https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.3/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hadoop>
    Thank you both very much. That helps tremendously.

    the bigtop people say explicitly that 0.3.1 is the 1.1 version: