Hello,
I launched my instance on Amazon. And I run the job yesterday on it and I
got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
java.io.IOException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
configuration/running jobs?

Bhavesh Shah

Search Discussions

  • Madhu phatak at Apr 26, 2012 at 10:15 am
    Seems like Datanode is not up. Please look into tasktracker and datanode
    logs.
    I launched my instance on Amazon. And I run the job yesterday on it and I
    got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

    DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
    java.io.IOException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
    jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

    And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
    configuration/running jobs?

    Bhavesh Shah

  • Devaraj k at Apr 26, 2012 at 10:20 am
    This can be due to any of these reasons,

    1. No DataNode instances being up and running.
    2. The DataNode instances cannot talk to the server, through networking or Hadoop configuration problems.
    3. Your DataNode instances have no hard disk space in their configured data directories.
    4. Your DataNode instances have run out of space.

    Can you check the Name Node and Data Node logs for clear reasons?

    Thanks
    Devaraj

    I launched my instance on Amazon. And I run the job yesterday on it and I
    got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

    DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
    java.io.IOException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/
    jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

    And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
    configuration/running jobs?

    Bhavesh Shah

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop