Is it possible to know the expected release date (at lease estimation) for next releases:

* 1.0.2

* 1.1

* 2.0

Also, what is the "last date", in case I want to submit code for the above releases?

Thanks,
Avner
--
Avner BenHanoch | Sr Sw Engineer | App Acceleration | Mellanox | +972-(74)7129409

Search Discussions

  • Arun C Murthy at Mar 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    Avner,

    I'm currently thinking along the lines of making a hadoop-2.0.0 release in the next couple of weeks based on community feedback on it's readiness, blockers etc.

    We don't really think of it as a 'last date', you can always get your work reviewed/committed to branch-1 or branch-2 and it will be picked up into a release.

    More details here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Roadmap.

    We do expect 'new features' to make it to trunk before we can commit to either branch-1 or branch-2.

    hth,
    Arun
    Is it possible to know the expected release date (at lease estimation) for next releases:

    * 1.0.2

    * 1.1

    * 2.0

    Also, what is the "last date", in case I want to submit code for the above releases?

    Thanks,
    Avner
    --
    Avner BenHanoch | Sr Sw Engineer | App Acceleration | Mellanox | +972-(74)7129409
    --
    Arun C. Murthy
    Hortonworks Inc.
    http://hortonworks.com/

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 29, '12 at 8:33p
activeMar 29, '12 at 8:40p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Avner Ben Hanoch: 1 post Arun C Murthy: 1 post