FAQ
hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'

i run this command

hdoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'


i have got this error


Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar

at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:90)

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(JarFile.java:135)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.(RunJar.java:88)

Search Discussions

  • Jabir Ahmed at Mar 22, 2012 at 6:50 pm
    Is the jar in your class path
    On Mar 19, 2012 4:53 PM, "elaheh mehraban" wrote:

    hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
    'dfs[a-z.]+'

    i run this command

    hdoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
    'dfs[a-z.]+'


    i have got this error


    Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
    hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar

    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:90)

    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)

    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)

    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)

    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:88)
  • Harsh J at Mar 22, 2012 at 7:37 pm
    The right path/command would be:

    hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1/hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar
    grep input output
    'dfs[a-z.]+'
    On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Jabir Ahmed wrote:
    Is the jar in your class path
    On Mar 19, 2012 4:53 PM, "elaheh mehraban" wrote:

    hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
    'dfs[a-z.]+'

    i run this command

    hdoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
    'dfs[a-z.]+'


    i have got this error


    Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
    hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar

    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:90)

    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)

    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)

    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)

    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:88)


    --
    Harsh J
  • Nikit Saraf at Jun 21, 2012 at 8:40 pm
    I too am getting the same errors when I am running the same command on Ubuntu.I
    have searched the whole internet but could not find a solution to it.Were you
    able to solve? If yes, then will you help me? I have started snatching my
    hairs!!!
  • Harsh J at Jun 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm
    Nikit,

    We had responded to this earlier with a possible solution (Use a
    _proper_ jar path being it.) See the response at
    http://search-hadoop.com/m/8ryfMcUvPQ1
    On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Nikit Saraf wrote:
    I too am getting the same errors when I am running the same command on Ubuntu.I
    have searched the whole internet but could not find a solution to it.Were you
    able to solve? If yes, then will you help me? I have started snatching my
    hairs!!!
    HTH!

    --
    Harsh J

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 19, '12 at 11:23a
activeJun 21, '12 at 8:55p
posts5
users4
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase