I have a couple of patches to the 1.0 branch that I would like to shepherd through the process. I'm not entirely familiar with the process, so bear with me..
- I have a backport of HADOOP-5836 for the 1.0 branch that I have uploaded to jira. This is a no-code-change, just a re-spin patch.
- I have a patch for for HADOOP-8136 that does have actual code changes. I have uploaded the patch to jira - of course it did not apply properly since it needs the above mentioned patch for HADOOP-5836 to be applied first.
So, my questions are:
1. How do I tell the patch-o-matic system that my patch for HADOOP-8136 needs the patch for HADOOP-5836 applied first?
2. Would somebody kindly review the patch for jira HADOOP-8136?
3. I believe that Matt is the RM for the 1.0 branch. Hey Matt - can I work with you on these two patches?
4. I think the patch for HADOOP-8136 will apply easily to trunk and 0.23.x. Can I wait till the review for branch 1.0 is complete before I port to trunk and 0.23.x and make that available?
Thanks for your help folks, and keep up the good work!
Grokbase › Groups › Hadoop › common-dev › March 2012