Hi, all,

I have a newcomer question. I would like to browse HDFS source code for the
1.0 release, but the Git repository (git://git.apache.org/hadoop-hdfs.git)
for Hadoop-HDFS project doesn't have this branch, not even 0.20. I can see
a lot more branches from Hadoop-Common project (
git://git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git) including branch-1.0 .

Why is that? Does Hadoop-Common branch-1.0 include all source code for HDFS
and MapReduce projects?

Thanks,

Yong

Search Discussions

  • Owen O'Malley at Feb 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm

    I have a newcomer question. I would like to browse HDFS source code for the
    1.0 release, but the Git repository (git://git.apache.org/hadoop-hdfs.git)
    for Hadoop-HDFS project doesn't have this branch, not even 0.20. I can see
    a lot more branches from Hadoop-Common project (
    git://git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git) including branch-1.0 .

    Why is that? Does Hadoop-Common branch-1.0 include all source code for HDFS
    and MapReduce projects?
    The hadoop-hdfs.git and hadoop-mapreduce.git are basically dead at
    this point. The project was split and then rejoined into a single
    hadoop-common.git.

    -- Owen

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop