Hi,team
I am a student.I used to develop an web application by lucene,that provides
an solution by searching in the we system.

With the index files enlarging,a single file system can't solve this
problem.

So I want to use hadoop to implement the index distributed and searching
distributed.I try to create index directly into hdfs by lucene,but I fail.

Now I ask for your help,how to use hadoop to implement distributed indexing
and searching?

Thanks

  • Adam Brown at Jan 10, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    Hi Tim,

    Have you looked into this?

    http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial

    Nutch can be run with Solr and run on Hadoop

    Hope that helps,

    Adam
    I am a student.I used to develop an web application by lucene,that provides
    an solution by searching in the we system.

    With the index files enlarging,a single file system can't solve this
    problem.

    So I want to use hadoop to implement the index distributed and searching
    distributed.I try to create index directly into hdfs by lucene,but I fail.

    Now I ask for your help,how to use hadoop to implement distributed indexing
    and searching?

    Thanks

    Adam Brown
    Enablement Engineer
    Hortonworks
  • Enis Söztutar at Jan 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm
    Hi,

    There are a lot of different approaches to distributed indexing.

    Try to read up on the following (incomplete) list:
    - Elastic search
    - Solr cloud
    - Lucandra / Solandra / lucebase
    - Apache Nutch
    - Facebook's messages papers, and cassandra papers (sections related to
    FB's mail search on Cassandra)

    Thanks,
    Enis
    Nutch can be run with Solr and run on Hadoop

    Hope that helps,

    Adam
    I am a student.I used to develop an web application by lucene,that provides
    an solution by searching in the we system.

    With the index files enlarging,a single file system can't solve this
    problem.

    So I want to use hadoop to implement the index distributed and searching
    distributed.I try to create index directly into hdfs by lucene,but I fail.
    Now I ask for your help,how to use hadoop to implement distributed indexing
    and searching?

    Thanks

    Adam Brown
    Enablement Engineer