Hello all,
I have posted a release candidate for Hadoop 1.0.0 at
http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.0-rc2/

Please download, evaluate, and vote on this list.
The artifacts will be posted to the maven repo shortly.
The vote will close at noon PST on Thursday 15 Dec.

It may be of interest that it is important to use an appropriate version of
Java.
I lost several days due to instabilities apparently in Oracle JDK 1.6.0_23,
which
caused about 30 junit test failures in contrib (streaming, schedulers, and
gridmix).
Switching to JDK 1.6.0_26 made the problems go away.

The release artifacts in this hadoop-1.0.0-rc2 were build with JDK 1.6.0_26.

Thank you,
--Matt (Release Manager for 1.0.0, formerly known as 0.20.205.1)

Search Discussions

  • Roman Shaposhnik at Dec 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm