He guys,

Do all changes for 0.20.2xx release go through branch-0.20-security,
then get merged to a particular -2xx branch?

Why create a new branch for every new dot release? Ie if the intent
that the branch will be dead after release, why not release from a
single branch? It's hard to see that each branch is a superset of the
previous.

Why is there a new 4th component to the version number? Shouldn't we
stick with major.minor.revision?

I noticed a 0.20.205.0 fix version showed up recently. Where's the
branch for that?

Thanks,
Eli

Search Discussions

  • Eli Collins at May 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm
    People requested I move the query to general, will do that.
    Do all changes for 0.20.2xx release go through branch-0.20-security,
    then get merged to a particular -2xx branch?

    Why create a new branch for every new dot release? Ie if the intent
    that the branch will be dead after release, why not release from a
    single branch?  It's hard to see that each branch is a superset of the
    previous.

    Why is there a new 4th component to the version number?  Shouldn't we
    stick with major.minor.revision?

    I noticed a 0.20.205.0 fix version showed up recently.  Where's the
    branch for that?

    Thanks,
    Eli
  • Owen O'Malley at May 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm