I am trying to setup Chukwa for a 16-node Hadoop cluster.
I followed the admin guide -
http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Agents
However, I ran two the following issues:
1. What should be the collector port that needs to be specified in
conf/collectors file
2. Am unable to see the collector running via web browser

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

-bikash

p.s. - after i run collector, nothing happens
% bin/chukwa collector
2011-04-01 16:07:16.410::INFO: Logging to STDERR via
org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-04-01 16:07:16.523::INFO: jetty-6.1.11
2011-04-01 16:07:17.707::INFO: Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:9999
started Chukwa http collector on port 9999

Search Discussions

  • Bernd Fondermann at Apr 1, 2011 at 9:34 pm
    [to: chukwa-user, cc: common-dev]

    Chukwa has its own mailing lists now. Your question is better addressed
    there.

    Bernd
    I am trying to setup Chukwa for a 16-node Hadoop cluster.
    I followed the admin guide -
    http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Agents
    However, I ran two the following issues:
    1. What should be the collector port that needs to be specified in
    conf/collectors file
    2. Am unable to see the collector running via web browser

    Am I missing something?

    Thanks in advance.

    -bikash

    p.s. - after i run collector, nothing happens
    % bin/chukwa collector
    2011-04-01 16:07:16.410::INFO: Logging to STDERR via
    org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
    2011-04-01 16:07:16.523::INFO: jetty-6.1.11
    2011-04-01 16:07:17.707::INFO: Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:9999
    started Chukwa http collector on port 9999
  • Bikash sharma at Apr 1, 2011 at 9:57 pm
    Thanks Bill.
    I am able to connect via web now, actually had put wrong http port in config
    file.
    One following question - if i run a mapreduce program say terasort, how can
    we link chukwa to collect job metrics via web.