I have been suggested that we can use Hadoop as an integration bus similar
to an ESB.

My notion of Hadoop is that it is useful for crunching huge data and mainly
data mining.

I think integration different Apps is a domain of ESB and not Hadoop..

Anyone has suggestions/thoughts.

Regards
Shashank

  • Christopher Smith at Feb 24, 2011 at 9:33 am
    Hadoop provides standardized interfaces/formats/execution models/etc.,
    so it can be used for integration (and indeed, I've done that).
    However, it differs from most ESB's in that it is very batch oriented,
    rather than real-time/streaming/queuing oriented. Consider whether
    your integration needs fit in to a batch model.

    --
    Chris

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 24, '11 at 7:43a
activeFeb 24, '11 at 9:33a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Christopher Smith: 1 post Smjain: 1 post