Anyone mind if I pull in the Guava library as a dependency for Common? It
has a bunch of very useful utilities - in this particular case the one I'm
itching to use is ThreadFactoryBuilder:

http://guava-libraries.googlecode.com/svn/tags/release05/javadoc/com/google/common/util/concurrent/ThreadFactoryBuilder.html

More info here:
http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Search Discussions

  • Konstantin Boudnik at Feb 11, 2011 at 6:04 am
    Actually it seems that Pig uses this already, which perhaps means it
    is good enough for us as well ;)
    --
    Take care,
    Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
    Anyone mind if I pull in the Guava library as a dependency for Common? It
    has a bunch of very useful utilities - in this particular case the one I'm
    itching to use is ThreadFactoryBuilder:

    http://guava-libraries.googlecode.com/svn/tags/release05/javadoc/com/google/common/util/concurrent/ThreadFactoryBuilder.html

    More info here:
    http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/

    -Todd
    --
    Todd Lipcon
    Software Engineer, Cloudera
  • Jakob Homan at Feb 11, 2011 at 6:26 am
    +1
    Actually it seems that Pig uses this already, which perhaps means it
    is good enough for us as well ;)
    --
    Take care,
    Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
    Anyone mind if I pull in the Guava library as a dependency for Common? It
    has a bunch of very useful utilities - in this particular case the one I'm
    itching to use is ThreadFactoryBuilder:

    http://guava-libraries.googlecode.com/svn/tags/release05/javadoc/com/google/common/util/concurrent/ThreadFactoryBuilder.html

    More info here:
    http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/

    -Todd
    --
    Todd Lipcon
    Software Engineer, Cloudera
  • Luke Lu at Feb 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm
    +1. guava is the new apache commons, maintained by java experts with
    comprehensive test coverage.

    I also propose to deprecate any existing utils in hadoop-common with
    duplicate functionality.