Dear developers,

I am a PhD student at UFMG, Brazil and as part of my research I am
making a study about the relevance of the warnings reported by the
FindBugs bug finding tool.

Since I am planning to use Common as a subject system in my research,
I would like to know if Common's developers usually run FindBugs as

part of the system development process.

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Couto

Search Discussions

  • Jakob Homan at Jan 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm
    Cesar-
    Theoretically, Findbugs is run as part of the test-patch process, a
    correctness verification that all patches need to go through before
    being committed, for all the projects. However, test-patch has a
    checkered history and has not always been reliable. So yes, we do,
    when we do.
    -jg

    --
    http://www.decom.cefetmg.br/cesar