Hi Hadoopers,

I am trying to connect hadoop from eclipse to run MapReduce jobs.
I am getting the following error while connecting to the DFS Locations in
eclipse,

"Error: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:54310 failed on local exception:
java.io.EOFException"

I get the "Can not start master" error while trying to connect HBase and
Hadoop because of the same exception.

Please let me know what could be wrong with the configuration,

The current config for your reference,

core-site.xml [hadoop conf]
<property>
<name>fs.default.name</name>
<value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
<description>.</description>
</property>

hbase-site.xml [HBase conf]
<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://localhost:54310/hbase</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

Eclispe Configuration:
DFS Master
Host: localhost
Port: 54310

Hadoop Version: 0.21.0
HBase Version: 0.20.6
Eclipse Plugin: hadoop-eclipse-plugin-0.20.3-SNAPSHOT.jar

Regards,
Raghu :)

Search Discussions

  • Segel, Mike at Jan 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm
    Raghu,

    Are you running your cluster on localhost?
    (Meaning are you running a pseudo cluster on the same machine as your eclipse session? )

    HTH
    -Mike

[...]

    The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.
  • Srinivas Pinisetti at Jan 22, 2011 at 5:02 am
    Hi Raghu,

    You may want to make sure you are having the same JAR versions
    (hadoop,hbase,zookeeper) on both Client & Server.

    Thanks,
    Srinivas Pinisetti
[...]

  • Rawan AlSaad at Jan 19, 2011 at 6:46 pm
    Dear all,

    I am looking for an example for a Mapreduce java implementation for strings comparison [pair-wise comparison]. If anybody have gone through a similar example before, could you please help pointing me to a code example for this?

    Thanks
  • Rawan AlSaad at Jan 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Dear all,

    I am looking for an example for a Mapreduce java implementation for strings comparison [pair-wise comparison]. If anybody have gone through a similar example before, could you please help pointing me to a code example for this?

    Thanks
    Rawan

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop