Hi All,
How to write test cases for the scenarios such as throwing an IOException from the try block and ensuing that corresponding stream's/socket's closure either in catch block or in finally block.
Do we need to write test cases for these scenarios in order to submit patches?

Thanks in advance

With Regards,
Bh.V.S.Kamesh.

Search Discussions

  • Konstantin Boudnik at Jan 18, 2011 at 4:23 am
    Moving hdfs-dev@ and mapreduce-dev@ to Bcc: to avoid cross-postings.
    From what I understand you want to have a test case which demonstrates
    that whatever socket/stream connections were opened are properly
    closed in case of IOException? I guess one of many possibilities would
    be to check if a connection is still open after IOException were
    thrown.

    For the second part of your (quite open-ended) question: if you make a
    modification that might potentially leave unclaimed resources such as
    socket connection in case of abnormal control flow then yes - you'd
    better have a test case to cover that error recovery is done properly.

    --
    Take care,
    Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

    On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 06:04, bhallamudi kamesh
    How to write test cases for the scenarios such as throwing an IOException from the try block and ensuing that corresponding stream's/socket's closure either in catch block or in finally block.
    Do we need to write test cases for these scenarios in order to submit patches?

    Thanks in advance

    With Regards,
    Bh.V.S.Kamesh.

groupcommon-dev @