We have upgraded from CDH3b2 to CDH3b3 recently, and our job tracker process now
consistently deadlocks when running a particular map reduce job that worked with
the previous version.

Here is a stacktrace showing the deadlocked threads.

http://pastebin.com/AMEig0Z0

Any ideas?

-Luke Forehand

Search Discussions

  • Owen O'Malley at Dec 16, 2010 at 5:11 pm
    Please use the Cloudera support lists for Cloudera specific questions.
  • Aaron T. Myers at Dec 16, 2010 at 5:11 pm
    bcc: common-dev
    to: cdh-user

    Hi Luke,

    Please send CDH-specific mail only to the CDH user/dev lists. The Apache
    lists are intended for discussion of the upstream project.

    --
    Aaron T. Myers
    Software Engineer, Cloudera

    We have upgraded from CDH3b2 to CDH3b3 recently, and our job tracker
    process now
    consistently deadlocks when running a particular map reduce job that worked
    with
    the previous version.

    Here is a stacktrace showing the deadlocked threads.

    http://pastebin.com/AMEig0Z0

    Any ideas?

    -Luke Forehand

  • Todd Lipcon at Dec 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm
    Replying back on common-dev list because I've determined this issue
    exists upstream. Configuration.writeXml will deadlock if the XML
    output is larger than one block (or I think if pipeline recovery
    happens mid-write)

    I filed HDFS-1542.

    -Todd

    On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Luke Forehand
    We have upgraded from CDH3b2 to CDH3b3 recently, and our job tracker process now
    consistently deadlocks when running a particular map reduce job that worked with
    the previous version.

    Here is a stacktrace showing the deadlocked threads.

    http://pastebin.com/AMEig0Z0

    Any ideas?

    -Luke Forehand

    --