This question pertains to the 0.21 release.

When adding code to the Hadoop native code library what is the preferred method for regenerating Makefile.in? I've tried to use autoreconf, but it seems as though my newer version of autotools is causing compilation problems for the other native code libraries.

Thanks,
Noah

Search Discussions

  • Eli Collins at Dec 5, 2010 at 1:41 am
    Hey Noah,

    The short answer is use older versions (RHEL/Centos 5) of autotools.

    Longer term we need to stop checking in auto-generated files (HADOOP-6436).

    This pertains to trunk and all releases btw.

    Thanks,
    Eli
    This question pertains to the 0.21 release.

    When adding code to the Hadoop native code library what is the preferred method for regenerating Makefile.in? I've tried to use autoreconf, but it seems as though my newer version of autotools is causing compilation problems for the other native code libraries.

    Thanks,
    Noah

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 4, '10 at 11:44p
activeDec 5, '10 at 1:41a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Eli Collins: 1 post Noah Watkins: 1 post