I have created a new candidate build for Hadoop 0.21.0. This fixes
MAPREDUCE-1920 and MAPREDUCE-1926 which were found for the previous
release candidate (0).

This release is being classified as a minor release, which means that
it is API compatible with 0.20.2.

*** This release candidate has not been tested extensively, so it
should not be considered stable.
*** Please download, test and vote before the vote closes on Wednesday
18 August.

http://people.apache.org/~tomwhite/hadoop-0.21.0-candidate-1/

The hadoop-0.21.0.tar.gz file is an old-style combined release which
includes Common, HDFS, and MapReduce.

Thanks,
Tom

Search Discussions

  • Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu at Aug 14, 2010 at 9:21 am
    After MAPREDUCE-1920, some contrib tests are timing out. Created MAPREDUCE-2012 for the same.

    Thanks
    Amareshwari

    I have created a new candidate build for Hadoop 0.21.0. This fixes
    MAPREDUCE-1920 and MAPREDUCE-1926 which were found for the previous
    release candidate (0).

    This release is being classified as a minor release, which means that
    it is API compatible with 0.20.2.

    *** This release candidate has not been tested extensively, so it
    should not be considered stable.
    *** Please download, test and vote before the vote closes on Wednesday
    18 August.

    http://people.apache.org/~tomwhite/hadoop-0.21.0-candidate-1/

    The hadoop-0.21.0.tar.gz file is an old-style combined release which
    includes Common, HDFS, and MapReduce.

    Thanks,
    Tom
  • Tom White at Aug 15, 2010 at 4:33 am
    Thanks for finding and fixing MAPREDUCE-2012, Amareshwari. I'll roll a
    new release candidate with it in. RC1 also has a potential security
    hole in the Linux task
    controller, which also means we need a new release candidate.

    Cheers,
    Tom

    On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 2:20 AM, Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu
[...]

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedAug 13, '10 at 9:05p
activeAug 15, '10 at 4:33a