Hey folks,

In the unit tests for my HADOOP-6704 patch, I'm using getResource() to get
the URL of a sample xml file. On my local system this works fine, but when
I submitted the patch to Hudson, it appears to not find the resource file.
Is this sort of thing not allowed in the Hudson environment, or am I just
doing something wrong?

I've already fixed up the checkstyle errors that I missed the first time
around. Gomen nasai.

thanks,

Neil

Search Discussions

  • Eli Collins at Apr 30, 2010 at 8:17 pm
    Hey Neil,

    There are other uses of getResource in Hadoop so should be fine.
    Should you be using getClassLoader#getResource() instead of
    Class#getResource()?

    Thanks,
    Eli
    In the unit tests for my HADOOP-6704 patch, I'm using getResource() to get
    the URL of a sample xml file.  On my local system this works fine, but when
    I submitted the patch to Hudson, it appears to not find the resource file.
    Is this sort of thing not allowed in the Hudson environment, or am I just
    doing something wrong?

    I've already fixed up the checkstyle errors that I missed the first time
    around.  Gomen nasai.

    thanks,

    Neil
  • Neil Bliss at Apr 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm
    Thanks Eli, I'll have a look how the other instances are used, and see if I
    can spot the problem.

    - Neil
    There are other uses of getResource in Hadoop so should be fine.
    Should you be using getClassLoader#getResource() instead of
    Class#getResource()?

    Thanks,
    Eli
    In the unit tests for my HADOOP-6704 patch, I'm using getResource() to get
    the URL of a sample xml file. On my local system this works fine, but when
    I submitted the patch to Hudson, it appears to not find the resource file.
    Is this sort of thing not allowed in the Hudson environment, or am I just
    doing something wrong?

    I've already fixed up the checkstyle errors that I missed the first time
    around. Gomen nasai.

    thanks,

    Neil
  • Neil Bliss at Apr 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm
    Found the problem, I had an overly helpful local CLASSPATH set.
[...]

  • Neil Bliss at Apr 30, 2010 at 10:45 pm
    For subsequent patch submissions, should I first remove the earlier patch
    from the Jira, or just attach the newer revision?

    thanks,

    Neil
[...]

  • Eli Collins at Apr 30, 2010 at 10:56 pm
    Just attach a the newer version. You can see the most recent patch
    based on the date however most people just append a number
    (hadoop-6704-2.patch etc) to indicate the patch is newer.

    Thanks,
    Eli
[...]

  • Owen O'Malley at Apr 30, 2010 at 10:56 pm