Hi everyone,

As previously announced the feature freeze date for 0.21 is tomorrow,
Friday 30 April at 5pm PDT. After this time I'll recreate the 0.21
branches in core, HDFS and MapReduce. Once the branches have been made
I would encourage everyone to review and fix the blockers
(http://bit.ly/9UaOTe, http://bit.ly/crOG7I, http://bit.ly/cCS7zw). I
hope we will have something that can be released in a couple of weeks
or so after that.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. HADOOP-6668 and MAPREDUCE-1623 are patches for the compatibility
annotations that need review - I'd really appreciate it if I could get
these in before the freeze.

Search Discussions

  • Tom White at May 1, 2010 at 5:36 am
    Quick update: I have now recreated the 0.21 branches. I've also moved
    any JIRAs that were marked as fixed in 0.22.0 to be fixed in 0.21.0.

    Tom
    As previously announced the feature freeze date for 0.21 is tomorrow,
    Friday 30 April at 5pm PDT. After this time I'll recreate the 0.21
    branches in core, HDFS and MapReduce. Once the branches have been made
    I would encourage everyone to review and fix the blockers
    (http://bit.ly/9UaOTe, http://bit.ly/crOG7I, http://bit.ly/cCS7zw). I
    hope we will have something that can be released in a couple of weeks
    or so after that.

    Cheers,
    Tom

    P.S. HADOOP-6668 and MAPREDUCE-1623 are patches for the compatibility
    annotations that need review - I'd really appreciate it if I could get
    these in before the freeze.

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 29, '10 at 10:01p