I've added a config file template for the fair scheduler recently and
placed it in the conf directory in the mapreduce SVN. However, I
checked out common recently and noticed that most of the other config
files seem to be in common's conf directory (including core-site, hdfs-
site, mapred-site, capacity-scheduler, etc). Should I copy my file
into common? Or will the two conf directories eventually be merged for
releases?

Matei

Search Discussions

  • Matei Zaharia at Aug 6, 2009 at 11:02 pm
    Sorry to be pestering but I'd still like an answer about where to
    place the fair-scheduler.xml config file (in common/conf or in mapred/
    conf).

    Matei
    I've added a config file template for the fair scheduler recently
    and placed it in the conf directory in the mapreduce SVN. However, I
    checked out common recently and noticed that most of the other
    config files seem to be in common's conf directory (including core-
    site, hdfs-site, mapred-site, capacity-scheduler, etc). Should I
    copy my file into common? Or will the two conf directories
    eventually be merged for releases?

    Matei
  • Sharad Agarwal at Aug 7, 2009 at 3:33 am

    Matei Zaharia wrote:
    Sorry to be pestering but I'd still like an answer about where to place the fair-scheduler.xml config file (in common/conf or in mapred/conf).
    In mapred/conf.

    - Sharad

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop