I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and
will take longer than that.

-- Owen

Search Discussions

  • Nigel Daley at May 27, 2009 at 12:38 am
    +1
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and
    will take longer than that.

    -- Owen
  • Arun C Murthy at May 27, 2009 at 4:42 pm

    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and
    will take longer than that.
    +1

    Arun
  • Doug Cutting at May 27, 2009 at 5:25 pm

    Owen O'Malley wrote:
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and
    will take longer than that.
    So will we have append turned on by default at the time of the branch,
    so that bugfixes against it are permitted after the branch? That would
    make it not an exception, no?

    Doug
  • Konstantin Shvachko at May 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm
    +1
    One of those rare occasions when the end of the month and the end of the week are on the same day.
    --Konstantin

    Owen O'Malley wrote:
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and
    will take longer than that.

    -- Owen
  • Tom White at May 28, 2009 at 1:33 pm
    +1

    Tom

    Owen O'Malley wrote:
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and will
    take longer than that.

    -- Owen
  • Amr Awadallah at May 28, 2009 at 6:51 pm
    +1

    Tom White wrote:
    +1

    Tom

    Owen O'Malley wrote:
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and will
    take longer than that.

    -- Owen
  • Mahadev Konar at May 29, 2009 at 1:05 am
    +1.

    mahadev

    Owen O'Malley wrote:
    I'd like to propose a code freeze and branch date of 7/31. One major
    exception is for HDFS file append, which I think we need in 0.21 and will
    take longer than that.

    -- Owen
  • Owen O'Malley at Jun 3, 2009 at 5:01 am
    The vote passes. The freeze will be 7/31.

    -- Owen

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 27, '09 at 12:12a