Thanks,
Nige

Search Discussions

  • Tsz Wo \(Nicholas\), Sze at May 22, 2009 at 12:42 am
    +1

    Nicholas Sze

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Nigel Daley <ndaley@yahoo-inc.com>
    To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
    Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 2:51:49 PM
    Subject: publishing core, mapred, hdfs artifacts in Apache nexus (maven repo)

    Folks,

    When Hadoop Core splits into Core, Mapred, and HDFS next week, we'll need a
    place for these projects to publish their jar artifacts (via Ivy) so dependent
    projects can download them (again via Ivy). Clearly Mapred and Hdfs will depend
    on Core. Pig and others will depend on Mapred, etc.

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to the
    Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a dev list
    thread that approves this publishing.

    Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Nige
  • Jakob Homan at May 22, 2009 at 12:44 am
    sounds good. +1.

    Nigel Daley wrote:
    Folks,

    When Hadoop Core splits into Core, Mapred, and HDFS next week, we'll
    need a place for these projects to publish their jar artifacts (via Ivy)
    so dependent projects can download them (again via Ivy). Clearly Mapred
    and Hdfs will depend on Core. Pig and others will depend on Mapred, etc.

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
    the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
    dev list thread that approves this publishing.

    Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Nige
  • Konstantin Shvachko at May 22, 2009 at 1:02 am
    +1
    Yes, this will simplify life for dependent projects.
    --Konstantin

    Nigel Daley wrote:
    Folks,

    When Hadoop Core splits into Core, Mapred, and HDFS next week, we'll
    need a place for these projects to publish their jar artifacts (via Ivy)
    so dependent projects can download them (again via Ivy). Clearly Mapred
    and Hdfs will depend on Core. Pig and others will depend on Mapred, etc.

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
    the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
    dev list thread that approves this publishing.

    Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Nige
  • Ted Dunning at May 22, 2009 at 1:35 am

    --
    Ted Dunning, CTO
    DeepDyve

    111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    http://www.deepdyve.com
    858-414-0013 (m)
    408-773-0220 (fax)
  • Owen O'Malley at May 22, 2009 at 5:27 am

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access
    to the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point
    to a dev list thread that approves this publishing.

    Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.
    +1
  • Edward J. Yoon at May 22, 2009 at 5:36 am
    +1
    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to the
    Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a dev list
    thread that approves this publishing.

    Your thoughts (and +1 votes) are appreciated.
    +1

    edwardyoon@apache.org
    http://blog.udanax.org
  • Devaraj Das at May 22, 2009 at 7:41 am
    +1

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
    the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
    dev list thread that approves this publishing.
  • Alejandro Abdelnur at May 22, 2009 at 11:16 am
    I assume the POMs will have the right set of dependencies in it.

    If interested, I've done this work already, I have the POMs for 0.18.*,
    0.19.* and 0.20.* for core and streaming with all proper dependencies.

    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
    the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
    dev list thread that approves this publishing.
  • Dhruba Borthakur at May 22, 2009 at 1:04 pm
    +1
    Giri will do the work to make this happen, but for us to get access to
    the Apache Nexus server, he needs to open an INFRA Jira and point to a
    dev list thread that approves this publishing.

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 21, '09 at 9:52p
activeMay 22, '09 at 1:04p