Hi all,

I am wondering if append for hdfs is supported in stable releases.
If not, what is the issue? ( I see code for append is already there in
repository )
Also where can I find the documentation of current semantic of append?
(I see some .doc files from HADOOP-1700 but not sure if they are out-dated)
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Sangmin

Search Discussions

  • Dhruba Borthakur at May 4, 2009 at 8:20 am
    The code for "append" is not supported in stable releases. The .doc from
    HADOOP-1700 explains the semantics of "append". There are quite a few open
    issues that need to be addressed before "append" is production ready for
    general applications, i.e. HADOOP-4663, HADOOP-4379, HADOOP-5027 among
    others.

    what type of application do you have that wants to use "append"?

    thanks
    dhruba