Hi everyone,

I am interested in understanding how the language bindings
work in Hadoop and how I might contribute some. As Hadoop is built in Java, Java is the natural language to interface to it. However, I am interested in interfacing from other languages. My Hadoop back-end installation would remain the same, but the code I write that uses it would be built in a non-Java language. If you have any information on how I might approach this, please let me know.

Can anyone give me
some initial help on this, where to look in the codebase and some
pointers to any documents?

Thanks.
Huw Evans

Search Discussions

  • Wang Zhong at Apr 30, 2009 at 1:53 am
    Hi

    You can read Hadoop Streaming in Hadoop Documentation which allows
    running MapReduce with any executable. The mappers and reducers get
    input from stdin and output to stdout.